contribute to the exposium
On Tuesday 29 November 2022 from 10.00 to 18.00, the platform kunst ≈ onderzoek (‘art = research’) will again organise a exposium. The location for this edition is Fort De Batterijen in Nieuwegein, close to Utrecht.
The name of this year’s edition remains the same as in 2019: DIS_SEMINAR as we prolong the theme of alternative forms of dissemination of research in the arts. We regard the event as an informal setting to present research in the arts to each other, discuss and exchange them, and together contribute to the discourse of artistic research in the Netherlands. The programme is set up as such that it’s for the professorships, by the professorships. Therefore we hope we can count on your participation!
call for proposals
The programme consists of several keynote speakers and smaller work sessions. It will be held in English. The contents of the sessions are linked to the works of art and design lectorates. We invite you and other researchers in your professorship to contribute as:
- Presenting professorship (in collaboration with artists-researchers)
- Discussion leader / moderator, who also introduces a question or statement
- Ref-Lector, for a written reflection and summary of the session
We expect to have multiple alternating sub-sessions. The general overview looks like:
- Presentations: short alternative presentation forms of art research, such as, for example, a performance lecture, exposition, interactive installation. These can also be disseminations of or postdoc research, third cycle or MA research! Estimated duration: 20 minutes
- Discussion: following up on the presentation, a discussion leader introduces a question or statement with regard to the dissemination form. This starts a discussion/conversation or workshop under guidance of the discussion leader. The main questions or statements are collected at the end and fed back. (45-60 minutes)
- Reflection: each sub-session ends with one researcher who summarises the focus points of the conversation at the end of the exposium, along with a short reflection for on the website.
Productional and financial conditions for presentations
A compensation fee is available for the presentations; for any incurred costs and for the presenting artist-researcher (practice-based researcher). We like to hear about any technical and financial conditions you have. Complex projects that require lots of set-up time or technical support are difficult to realise. Please take this into account. We can make use of the full Fort location, including the outdoor area. You can see the different spaces here: https://fortdebatterijen.nl/.
If you have a preference for a specific area, please indicate this when you register your proposal.
Proposals for participation (before 18 October 2022)
Interested in showing yourself and contributing to the programme? In the enclosed document you can indicate how you want to participate. You can also suggest someone else from your research group or network to present/moderate or reflect. In case of multiple registrations, we will have to make a selection. Send your registration to email@example.com before October 18. Please use this form.
When you are not able to actively contribute, we still hope to receive you and the researchers from your professorships & institutions as visitors on 29 November, as well as post-docs, (pre-)PhD students, research assistants and policy officers. The invitations will be available to share further soon.
If you have any questions, do not hesitate to contact us. We like to think along. Let’s co-create a fabulous and exciting programme together again!